Half Day Course
Share This Course:
Request a Call back
The Asbestos Awareness course is a 1/2 day course which trains delegates on awareness of asbestos and its dangers, It does not train you to work with asbestos containing materials.
Completing this course will help you:
- Be aware of the properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
- Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work
- What to do if suspicious materials are found
- How to undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations
- Know what procedures to follow when coming into unintentional contact with asbestos
Asbestos Cat B (Non-licensable work with asbestos including NNLW)
Cat B course is a course which trains delegates on how to ‘bag and tag’ asbestos materials.
Specifically, the course covers:
- Be familiar with what works are classified as non-licensed;
- Be familiar with the control measures that will be required to undertake non-licensed work with asbestos containing materials;
- How to undertake specific task as laid down in HSG210, Essential Task Manual including, but not limited to:
- Drilling holes through AIB and textured coating
- Removal of…
- Small AIB panels;
- Asbestos cement based products;
- Articles containing asbestos such as floor tiles, gaskets etc.