Electrical duty holder
1 Day Course
Share This Course:
Request a Call back
The structure of the training course is aimed at electrical engineering and electrical maintenance personnel that have a functional and/or
managerial responsibility for the safe use of electrical equipment
The course covers the statutory regulations, the dangers of electricity, safe systems at work and isolation procedures.
Candidates must complete a knowledge based assessment to ensure their understanding of the issues and an ability to adopt best working practices
• Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant statutory regulations
(The Health and Safety at Work Act, The Electricity at Work Regulations, PUWER
• Scope of the Regulations.
• Employers, Employees and Contractor responsibilities.
• Review of the Regulations.
• Legal implications of non-compliance.
• Comply with company procedures and complete any associated documentation
eg: permit to work, risk assessments, method statements etc..
• Discuss safe electrical isolation in a range of common industrial scenarios