Lift and slinging
On the completion of this course you will:
- Understand the legal requirements associated with use of the equipment.
- Be able to carry out pre-use checks to determine if the equipment is safe to use.
- Understand the importance of sling angles and safe working load (SWL).
- Correctly and safely sling a variety of loads.
- Why we train
- HASAWA 1974
- PUWER 1998
- LOLER 1998
- MHSWR 1999
- Accidents and associated risks
- Personal risk assessment
- Personal protective equipment
- Lifting tackle
- Slings and slinging
- Crane signals
- Basic engineering principles
- Pre-use checks & reporting defects
- Safe working procedures
- Practical training on all above
- Theory and practical testing