Half Day Course
Share This Course:
Request a Call back
Our manual handling training courses are designed to instruct employees in the correct and safe methods of manual handling.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to carry out a risk assessment in regards to manual handling and be able to use the best techniques when carrying out a lifting operation.
- Why we need to train
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Accident statistics
- Types of injury
- The anatomy of the back
- Injury causation
- Correct handling techniques
- Theory test
- Identifying handling risks
- Reducing handling risk
- Practical demonstration of correct lifting, transporting and placement of a test lift.
Please inform the Instructor of any prior injuries that could impact your ability to complete a practical lift.